Sunday, January 19, 2020

Happy 2020




Here's to moving on.  I've compiled a little video of snapshots
along the way of my changes throughout this journey. Happy that I can look back on all of it and be moving forward. Maybe kind of silly but it's part of my transition and healing.

Now that I've completed the chemotherapy regime I'm trying to normalize my life the best I can. The last 4 months since my last chemo treatment haven't really allowed me to get my normal routine back. I've had some infections and then a very nasty case of shingles on my face and eye that is still lingering.

Last week, I went back to work and it was a nice change of pace. I will work part time for now as I still have a treatment every 3 weeks and various doctor appointments to attend. I am so fortunate to have an amazing work family and a pretty awesome boss (my husband) and I really enjoy being back with them! 

I'm not the same person that left that office on a cold blustery March evening 10 months ago.  I'm fragile yet stronger than ever.

Looking forward to having an amazing 2020~

6 comments:

  1. Your resilience is remarkable! One step at a time, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous Christa. Any time you need a reminder, you just call.
    Johanna ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2019 was a roller coaster to put it lightly! Glad 2020 is starting off in the right direction. I think all would agree your boss has a pretty amazing wife! Here's to a fantastic 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your resilience has inspired me and many many more people than you may realize! We silently held your hand and hugged you in a warm embrace in spirit! Your positive attitude brings positive healing and recovery!! Xoxo❤️❤️ Here’s to heath, more healing and longevity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the video and cried because I feel thankful knowing I can look down the street and see you. Always waving with a smile on your face, making days a little brighter. You inspire people like me to face their fears and be bolder than whatever is in their way. Cheers to healthy days, happy kids and a long future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudy <3 You are always making people's days brighter. Hugs!

      Delete