Friday, October 16, 2020

Happy October


We've had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful weather over the last few months.  2020 hasn't been the greatest year but wow the weather has certainly been nice!! Here's hoping the winter continues to be kind.

 

The Woods are back to school! It's a little different than last year.  Our oldest is in her 2nd year of university at Concordia. She had hoped to be living in the big city of Montreal but low and behold she is doing online classes from our home, much like the rest of Canada.  Our middle is in her final year of high school, going to school one day and working from home the next. Not really sure that is going so well, but more time is needed to let the kids get in the routine of things. Our youngest is in grade 4, and has been a bit draggy about going to school, not sure if it's the age or the COVID life adding to the sudden indifference of going to school.   

 

Work has been nonstop. My husband along with all physicians are learning how to juggle managing patients' health via the phone vs in person. Luckily, we are able to see many patients in person as needed for the time being. I'm happy to be working full time, when I'm not racing myself or the kids to appointments.

 We started to golf this year, we both always liked the sport but never took the time to actually get out more than a few times a year. This year we've made it a priority (after I received much relief from a steroid shot to my shoulder) we both had a rough short season. We hope to play next year with lots of room for improvement!  We've been biking on and off and we've really enjoyed the trails in downtown Fredericton. I've joined the gym again and am looking forward to getting my strength back and losing some much unwanted weight. Thankful to have an awesome personal trainer at the cleanest, coolest gym in town STP Fitness.

I'm awaiting my next check-in with my oncologist. Scans and tests coming up. This stuff is hard but I've come up with coping mechanisms that help me manage.

 

It's come to light recently and I feel the need to explain myself.  I don't have this blog as a selfish, poor me outlook.  I started this blog as a way to keep people informed of how things are going,  to help me manage through some emotions, and to leave memories for my family. I'm not a writer, nor do I claim to be good at it. But it helps heal, it helps communicate, and I'm hopeful that it may help some others going through something similar.  

 

 Thank you to everyone who has been along this journey and supported us. You have no idea how much it means to me and my family to have your love and support along the way. 

 

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful season and stay safe! 

 

 

 

 


 

Terry Fox virtual run in September raising over $3000.

It's an honour to be a Terry Team member.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your wonderful blogs Christa. Great way to keep everyone informed!!! You might not be a writer but you sure could😉Keep Smiling and stay safe girlie,love ya xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your support along the way and for all that you do for oncology patients. Love you! Hugs!

      Delete