Monday, October 7, 2019

Thankful and Overwhelmed

The other day,  we received a beautiful Thanksgiving flower arrangement that brightened my day, from a precious couple. We also received an email from this amazingly thoughtful, gracious, and brilliant pathologist who is helping keep us up to date on the ongoing research in the ovarian cancer world. He took the time out of his extremely busy life to send my husband crucial information. He's also taken the time to meet with him to discuss my situation. Unbelievable how awesome humans are.

The amount of love and support I have received and continue to receive has me completely overwhelmed. When I take the time to think about how so many people care so much about little old me it causes a mountain of emotions and waterworks. I am absolutely grateful for the outpouring love.  Many of whom are acquaintances, friends of friends, or people I have met along the way who also share this cancer journey.

I have no idea how I'll ever return the favours back.  I've written some thank you notes, but was unable to keep up during my chemo months, as I was ravaged with nausea and exhaustion.  I hope you all know how genuinely grateful our family is for all of the kindness.

Thank you for all of the prayers and thoughts sent my way, I truly believe in the power of prayer.

Thank you for all of the thoughtful gifts the candies, journals, books, flowers, comfy clothes, gift cards, homemade goodies, the list is endless. They brought me and my family comfort and love on days that we needed it the most.

Thank you for the food!  We received over 90 meals for our family of 5, delivered to our door during my chemo months. Thank you to Will for coming up with the online meal planning idea and to Richelle for helping implement it! This was unbelievably helpful, the food was delicious and cooked with love. I'm not sure what we would have done without this help, possibly starve. :-)

Thank you to my dear friend Sheila, who got me out for walks and talks, and also organized the neighbourhood meals! I'm lucky to have you in my life!

Thank you to our precious work family that stepped up to help with work coverage and managing our office during my diagnosis.

Thank you to the talented photographer, Denise Rowe for taking our family photos before I lost my locks. This was so very important to me and we are so blessed to have this beautiful soul make time for our family with very short notice.

Thank you to my incredible parents and parents in-law who have always been there for us, but they went above and beyond supporting me after surgery and forward. Cleaning, cooking, driving, loving! I feel I should be caring for you at this stage in life, not the reverse.

Thank you to my Mom for being a best friend, always listening to me daily. My thoughts, my worries, my complaints. Love you Mama!

Thank you to all of my chemo day buddies that endured my 17 treatments with me.  

Thank you to friends and family who took the time to check in on me. It was an isolated 5 months so getting caring messages was always nice and greatly appreciated.

While I'm not so lucky to get this disease. I am certainly blessed to have an amazing circle of family and friends who truly love me.  

Thank you for your awesomeness it's appreciated more than you'll ever know.




6 comments:

  1. Christa, what a lovely letter of gratitude ❤. You are receiving back what you send out: love, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, and compassion. Have a lovely Thanksgiving. Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness and support! You are an inspiration to me and I’m very thankful to call you my friend 💕 Have a Happy Thanksgiving

      Delete
  2. Your testimony of thanks is an example of how much you are loved!!!!What a great time to post this on this Thanksgiving Day. Have a great day and dont eat too much turkey😉😉 Love,the Richard's xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your ongoing support Jocelyn. Love and hugs to your precious family 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa, I am thankful to have met you several years ago. I knew then and I especially know now what an incredible woman you are. I will continue to pray for you and your family ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog entry on this Thanksgiving Day. A great reminder for all of us to appreciate the small acts of kindness that take place all around us. Love you & your family. Always in our thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete