Monday, September 16, 2019

I won the jackpot...

When it comes to husbands, I won the jackpot. I know we shouldn't brag or be boastful but my husband deserves some praise. I'm not the easiest to deal with on the best of days but the last 6 months I've been a bit gloomy and cranky.  We have been through some trying times over our 20 plus years together.  Thankfully our relationship strengthens through difficult times.

My husband is so special to me and I would not want to be living this crazy life with anyone but him by my side.  It takes a special man to survive a household of 4 females!  We've had so many wonderful times together and we know we are so fortunate. 

He was  the first person told about my cancer diagnosis. My surgeon asked him how I should be informed, and he said she should be the one to tell me but he wanted to be with me.  Having him by my side during those moments made me feel like I wasn't alone, and it hasn't changed since.  He attends every appointment and chemo treatment he can. He brings his little binder filled with my graphed lab results, and all the research papers he's studied on ovarian cancer. He's got my back and he's not giving up on me.


He's juggling a lot and he's pretty darn good at it.   I hope I can soon lighten the load and be the partner I prefer to be.  I pray for that day to come soon. He just keeps being the awesome husband, dad, doctor, friend, caregiver he is and I know I am so very blessed to have him. So if you see him in your travels, give him a pat on the back, not that he needs it, but he deserves it. 
My Best Friend 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Christa. We both won the jackpot as I have Bruce who has been ever supportive, ever encouraging, and loving. We are both lucky ladies. Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Christa and I’m sure Sheldon has said the same things about you when he was going through med school. You two are a very special team.

    ReplyDelete